Monday, November 11, 2019

Gleaning Facebook: Plugged

As I neared the intersection of US27 with the Armuchee Bypass, headed toward town, suddenly my Rav 4 started making a horrible racket and vibrating as if I had a flat tire on the back. I pulled down a side street and got out to check the tires. I saw nothing! All tires were inflated and seemed intact. Drove a little farther and stopped to check again. Then put on the flashers and drove slowly to Matt Lloyd’s shop to get the, presumed, bad news. Matt and I took a quick spin. He suggested maybe a bad tire. But when we stopped I spotted the culprit — a bolt protruding three-quarters of an inch from the tire at the inner edge of the tread. I evidently picked the monster up right there in the middle of Hwy 27. Five minutes at Tuck’s tires and it had been pulled, plugged and all was well. Whew!

George Barton: Was it a Republican bolt?Terrell:  I definitely called it by some of the same names Mike Burton: Looks like one.




 

No comments:

Post a Comment