Tuesday, November 12, 2019

Gleaning Facebook: PrimeTimers & Tall Tales

The PrimeTimers at Pleasant Valley South Baptist Church invited me to tell some lies right there in church today! I had a great time and was pleased to see a few familiar faces. One was Ms. Smart, shown here, the mom of Matthew Smart and Jennifer who were my students back in the early eighties (maybe even ’79?). I also knew their daughter Julie. Mr. Smart was also there, as well as Ms. Thompson, Matthew Scott Thompson’s mom and Terry Simmons who is married to a fellow West Rome High School grad. I should have gotten some other pictures.

I told two stories I often tell when folks ask for tall tales, "Preacher Bailey’s Teeth" and "Yellowtail".


Comment:
Howard Smith: Is that you Santa? I've tried to be good this year. And, to quote Mae West, "When I'm good, I'm very good, but when I'm bad, I'm better.

No comments:

Post a Comment