Friday, November 01, 2019

My Slate for City Commission

 Here I go putting my choices out again... can't help myself; I've been actively campaigning for folks I believe in since 1956 when I headed up the campaign for Dwight Eisenhower in Miss Brown's fourth-grade class. I carried my vote and that of one other kid; everyone-else in that class voted for Adlai Stevenson.

🤭 My Dad had given me a pre-presidential biography of Ike (I still have that beat up old book) and I thought Ike was second only to Washington. I have since learned that Adlai Stevenson was a great American. I watched him confront the Russians in the UN.
There are no bad guys in this election, either, but I believe a commission of Bonny Askew, Mark Cochran, Bill Collins, Wendy Davis, Jamie Doss, Randy Quick, JJ Seifert, Milton Slack, Sundai Stevenson, could really be an outstanding one for Romans of today, and for our posterity. However you vote, please respect the sacrifices of our forebears and go exercise our hard-fought&won right to vote.



No comments:

Post a Comment