Tuesday, January 22, 2008

President Clinton at Mercer







President Clinton visited the University Center at Mercer University in Macon, Georgia yesterday. My daughter, Lillian, is photo editor for the university newspaper, The Cluster. She has also recently become an officer in the Young Democrats there. So I asked her to send me a pic or two. The UC was totally packed out, she said, with lines out the doors and down the hill. She had this comment about President Clinton and the 2008 race:
After hearing Bill Clinton today, I completely understand what you mean when you say "comfort in his own skin." He was a very good speaker. He was obviously brilliant yet completely down-to-earth and sincere. It can't all be an act, right? I get the same feeling from Edwards, and I wish I could see and hear the other candidates in person! Clinton actually mentioned today that he feels like all of the democratic nominees are good people. It's not a case where you need to vote for candidate A just so that candidate B doesn't get the nomination. It's both exciting and frustrating. Who to choose?!

No comments:

Post a Comment