Saturday, May 07, 2011

Gleaning Facebook: Mother & Me Before 1950

My beautiful mother and myself squinting in the sun. From my mother's comment below, and my apparent age in this picture, I'm guessing this was made in or around Milstead, Georgia in the late forties. We lived in Milstead the first three years of my life, where my Dad had grown up, and where he worked at Callaway Mills.

Terrell Shaw
Taken, I think, outside the GI barracks at Asbury College, Wilmore KY where we lived part of the time Daddy was in school there. Is that right Mother?


Jared Lathem
It is amazing how much Lisette looks like Aunt Ruth.


Ruth Baird Shaw
Thanks Jared. I am flattered. I think Lisette is so beautiful. Terry. I do not remember where that pic as taken... you were three when we moved to Wilmore. That may be earlier...


Lisette Lewis
Thanks, Jared! I don't think anyone has ever said that before. 


Beth Shaw
I can't believe that Lisette - there is a strong resemblance. I can certainly see it in this photo.


Christie Hufstedler Boyd
Lisette, there is no doubt that you are half Shaw! You do look like your sweet grandmother!


Tersi Bendiburg
Beautiful photo.


Ruth Baird Shaw
Terry, This was still on Elm Street in Milstead, Charles's Home town...several years before we moved to Wilmore...


Janet Hughes Smith
Terrell, I never knew you were related to George and family! You learn something new every day.


Terrell Shaw
In this pic my wonderful mother was about 26 or 27, slightly older than Lillian is now, and slightly younger than Brannon is now.


Donald Murdock
Nice pic, Terry. You look a little grumpy!


Galen Dale Foster
97 Elm Street. 


Mike Bock
What a great picture. What a pretty Mom. I bet you were a handful. Happy Mothers' Day!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment