Friday, November 28, 2014

Gleaning Facebook: Thanksgiving

 We had a great day of visiting and fine eating with just ten of the Shaw bunch… a tiny group by historical standards. Mama, at 91, had a 23 lb. turkey cooked to juicy perfection, and she, Sheila, Joan, Debi, and Lisette had all the necessary accompanying dishes, including luscious desserts. We sat around the den alternately napping and swapping tales. Mama admitted to the two paddlings she received from her Mama, and even fessed up to the shameful acts that elicited that drastic response from our beloved grandmother. Ruth Baird Shaw objected when I proposed reporting her sins on Facebook! I think the turkey was the only participant in our festivities who was photographed, unless you want to include two stray dogs.


Linda Beam

You have your mom....aw. miss mine


Terrell Shaw

Tim-Wanda Baird Mama's first spanking involved your granddaddy Grice Baird.


Tim-Wanda Baird

Lol why does that not surprise me


Ruth Baird Shaw

Now Tim...I need to set the record straight. Your Granddad was not misbehaving! He was 19 years older than I (he the oldest and i the youngest 0f 11) I was about 2 and asked for water. Mama got me a glass of water and i said, " NO...i want Grice to get it for me." Mama handed the glass to Grice and Grice gave me the glass, Then I said ""No, I want Mama to get it for me." Mama said she and Grice "humored me" for a few minutes and she finally had to spank me before i would drink the water.

Tim and Wanda...The interesting thing about this story is that Mama thought this spanking of the "Apparently spoiled two-year old brat" was the reason I...from that spanking on never misbehaved or was disobedient again....


Ace the Shepherd

Love my Shaw family! Hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment