Friday, November 29, 2019

Gleaning Facebook: Nourishment

 “It's not the ... fancy outsides of life which ultimately nourish our souls. It's the knowing that we can be trusted, that we never have to fear the truth, that the bedrock of our very being is good stuff.” - Fred Rogers

Don't you wish Donald Trump could have had Mr. Rogers in his life as a child. However much we hate the corruption and evil he has caused America, on a personal level it is not hate but pity one must feel for a 73-year-old who knows so little of truth and love and trust and empathy.

Comments

Jaki Day
This is my struggle. I get so angry at him that I lose my empathy too.

Terrell
Me too, then I see their young son and just pray his mother can provide the emotional maturity that his father seems utterly incapable of.

Sandra Pride
I hope she has more empathy and kindness than I've seen.

No comments:

Post a Comment