Friday, December 27, 2019

Gleaning Facebook: Baby Shark!

Residing a continent away from our beloved grandchildren requires ingenuity in gift-giving. For Clementine's first birthday last April we produced a picture book for her called Who Loves Clementine? It was a great success and reminds her of her East Coast family every time she looks at it.

For Christmas we have been working on an amateur video for Clemmie & Ruth (well, really for Clemmie now and Ruthie eventually) Clementine is fascinated with a certain baby carnivorous cartilaginous fish*. She asks the silly song about said fish to be played every time she is strapped into her carseat. She has watched a video version of it likely hundreds of times. So we produced --- well, Lillian produced --- an absolutely ridiculous iPhone video version of the song starring Granny, Grandshaw, and Aunt Lil with her ukulele. I cannot tell you how much fun we have had creating this two-minute bit of insanity! It ended up taking an extra day to complete, but what difference does that make to a one-year-old and a newborn? Lillian just sent the edited final product and Sheila and I have watched it about a dozen times in the last couple of hours.
(Later)
Now that our California family has seen it, I'll allow my Facebook friends to see how truly insane Grandshaw Terrell & Granny Sheila can be....
*trying to avoid copyright difficulties.


Angela Greear Love it

pastedGraphic.pngpastedGraphic.pngpastedGraphic.png
Jessie Reed
It’s perfect 

pastedGraphic_1.png
Patricia Buffington Jackson
I love it !! Great production!!
Rhonda Ingram Bramlette
This is the sweetest version of this song ever! And I have heard quite a few! You guys are amazing!

pastedGraphic_2.pngpastedGraphic_3.png
Nancy Johal Singh That is so awesome!!! You guys are the best.
Julianne Lindholm Bailey
So cute!
Gary Sarah Pace
This is wonderful..........sjp

Ann Perkins Niemeier Very good one! I’m sure your granddaughters will love it!

pastedGraphic_4.pngpastedGraphic_5.pngpastedGraphic_6.png

George Dean pastedGraphic_7.png


Anita Stewart Just too cute. Love the happy birthday message to Clementine. You should go into the "Birthday Video" business.
Bill Pelfrey Jr
Well done...
Andy Offutt Irwin
Y’all’re the coolest!!
Jeri Carter
Amazing! Our whole family got *very* familiar with the song during the window in which our grandson William was enamored of it--his generation's version of Barney, I guess....
Charity Gilchrist Nicholson
That is just about the cutest thing I've seen in a long time! Good job Lil, Grandshaw, and Granny!
Leslie Rainey Shelley
I have also been a long distance FaceTime YaYa and have participated in very similar activities! Love your video and I am sure your sweet girls have too! Merry Christmas!
Sunny Shropshire Knauss
Y’all are so awesomely talented! Saweeet!
Kathy Vogler Steinbruegge
That is fantastic! You are such a creative family! I would love to see Clementine watching it!
Elizabeth Davis
I can’t stand that song, but this video is so precious and creative!!

Terrell Shaw We spent two weeks in November with Clemmie and heard it about 351,002,675 times. We'd hate it too except... our grandbaby LOVES it!
Elizabeth Davis
I often think about Pensacola, FL when I hear “Baby Shark” now because my friend Lyndell and I had a long conversation about that song when we were down there in July.
Kiela Burton Beam
Love it!!! So much fun.
Julie Merritt Clonts
So cute!!
Deb Fincher
I love it. Fantastic job guys.
Ellice Curry-Tucker
Just the sweetest!!
Katie S. Kimbrough
Very sweet video! I’m sure the girls will enjoy it!
Teresa Humphrey
Simply Awesome!
Stacie Scoggins Marshall
Love this!
Linda Hatcher
That is great!
Cathy McEver Tomlinson
That is awesome!!! love it!
Bonny Askew
Love it.
Wendell W Barnes Jr
You guys are nuts! Loved it!

Robin Holt I love, love, love this!!!

Holly Kastanias Cothran This is perfect!
Jill Sealy Salter
I love this!!!
John Collette
Awesome!
Morgan Askew-Samuels
This is so darn cute!!!!
Susan Barnes Babb
Love this!!
Emily Barksdale Moore Threlkeld
Amazingly, wonderfully, fabulously, WONDERFUL! Love it!
Debbie Reece Grigsby
Good job!
Della Green
I love it !!!!
Donald Murdock
Most excellent!
Sandra Aguirre-Magaña What blessed granddaughters you have! Thoroughly enjoyed this!
Peggy Fowler-Casillas
This is the cutest thing ever. 

Trinie Free Davis I LOVE this!!!!
Marcia Jackson Abernathy
I just love this! Thanks for sharing 

Katy Joy Croft Omg!!! I love this so much! My son Kingston is obsessed with baby shark. He’s going to get a great laugh at this when he wakes up from his nap and I show it to him.

Ann Allee McRay Too cute!!!
Charlene Payne
Grandparents will do anything for their grands!!!! The girls will love it and cherish it.


Sandy Ingram We do all sorts of crazy things for our grandchildren but this might just top them all  Good job


Ann Gore This video is precious! What we will do for our grands!!
Renata Carlin Very cute!
Barbara Crawford
OMG hysterically perfect. Love it! 

Charity Gilchrist Nicholson Still one of the best videos I've ever seen!

Deborah Lake Dawson So sweet!
Julianne Reeves
I absolutely love this! You guys are so creative!


Chris Ann Buff Loved this!!

------------------

2020

Susan Myers Smith Love it!
Howard Smith So cute! We have been "fortunate" to have heard this song maybe a million times now! And it is why I am presently called Grandpa!
Margo Ash
THIS is wonderful! 

Jennifer Penick Beason Super cute.
Angela Greear
Love it

Gola Burton Cute!! We had to change the scout version because swimmer dude lost a leg.
Ralph Davis
Love you Guys 

Lynne Crothers Williams Great idea.

Trude Sansbury You guys are great!

Melanie Collette Babb Love it. I like that Sheila is called Granny. My grands call me Granny too.

Steven Savage Very entertaining. That shark is frightening


No comments:

Post a Comment