Tuesday, June 20, 1972

Time Machine: Russ & Laura Visit Mid 1972

Posted to Facebook on January 3, 2010....

At Berry College's Old Mill c. June 1972

Laura Nelson

Russell Nelson
------------------------------

Joan Shaw Turrentine
Hey, I remember that guy!
----------------------------
Terrell Shaw
Russell (and his wife Ruth whom we hadn't met) visited with us again last fall. [2009] Despite 40 years between visits we picked right back up and had a ball for several days.

------------------------
April 28, 2011
from Russ Nelson after tornadoes hit Northwest Georgia

Hi Terrell.  Is everyone OK?  Out here in Oregon it sounds like half a dozen states nearly washed into the Atlantic.  I left a message for Charlie also.  Have you heard from him?  Jim Shack Rd.  Was that the cabin on Lake Creek Laura and I visited sometime in the mid 72?  If so I think I have a photo of you and Sheila on the front porch.  Russ Nelson.



Comment


Terrell Shaw
Yes, my family is great. Sheila and I did spend a few minutes huddled with two unhappy cats under the dining room table, but no damage at all at our house. My mother had a big maple down but it missed the house. No deaths or major injuries that I have heard of in Floyd Co. but millions in damage all over the county. Ringgold (north of us) had it much worse with several deaths and even more destruction. I haven't heard from Charlie in the last few weeks.

Yes, the tornado did a lot of damage on Jim Shack Rd. The cabin we used to own burned several years ago so it was already gone, but thats the one. I'd like to see that picture. There are a few pics of it in my albums on Facebook.

Russell Nelson
Glad to hear you are all OK. I sent Charlie a message but haven't heard back from him. A little concern there. I'm going through old West Virginia photos looking for Teacher Corps images. When get them together, I'll get them scanned and on the page. I'll get the Jim Shack photo as well. By the way do you remember "Aardvark Mountain Lodge? Now there was a cabin in the woods that might have been improved with a few gallons of gas and a match. Remember the copperhead snake under the kitchen sink?

Ruth and I got back from a vacation in Lake Havasu City AZ last week. Finally got out of town for a few weeks. Not sure if you got that message from me. We're going over to the Oregon Coast this week to work on one of the beach houses. I'll keep you posted of stuff from this side of the continent. You do the same. Good to hear from you.

Terrell Shaw
Its great to hear from you, as well, Russ. I may try to give Charlie a call. He was going great guns there for a while, contacting our old NTC folk.




 

No comments:

Post a Comment