Monday, April 03, 2023

New York Times Spelling Bee

Click this picture to go to New York Times Spelling Bee!


It's a rare day when I manage QBabm*. I had all the words but one before daylight this morning, but that last word -- that seems so obvious now -- did not appear to my eyes till a few minutes ago. 

Sheila and I play this game almost every day. She does better than me about 9 days out of ten. But today I got there first! Yay! 

Our usual procedure is that we work independently on the puzzle usually during that first cup of coffee and then after supper. When we are both stumped (usually in the evening sometime) we "compare". That means we would first each announce how many "C" words we have. Whoever has fewest will reveal his/her "C" words one at a time to the other thusly: "My first is a 4-letter." "Mine too; is it such-and-such?' And so forth through our alphabetical list. We try not to give away words (unless it's late and we are tired of it) but we do discover where some of the missing words fit. If we both end up figuring out all the words of each other and we still are missing a few words, we go to the NYT hints page. If we still are missing one or more we put it away and wait to see what we missed the next morning. We probably spend too much time on it but we both enjoy it and I enjoy doing it, sort of, together. 

Don't you wish you lived such an exciting life! Ha!

* "Queen Bee all by myself" 

No comments:

Post a Comment