Thursday, February 18, 2021

Mike Burton


 This will be a post one of these days I hope. For now I'll store some pictures here.

Mike and Carolyn's wedding. My father, Charles Shaw, officiated.

Mike in front of a rock wall he built at his first home on Booger Hollow Road near its intersection with Lyons Bridge Road.

Maybe Mike can remind me of the significance of this strange picture. It was taken, I suspect around the time of our filming a movie on Lookout Mountain that involved some bones!

We bought a whole house fan to try to make the newly added rooms in our attic livable. Mike used his considerable carpentry skills to, ahem, help me build a structure atop our house on Cedar Avenue to hold the fan. In reality I just did what he told me to do, and it worked out well.

Mike on his roof last week

Mike at my parents house in Brookhaven (Skyland) in 1970

Mike with his Bullmastiff Max

Mike has not only told stories at the Big Fibbers festival, he has interpreted for it several times.


No comments:

Post a Comment