Thursday, December 23, 2021

2021 Western Oddysey: Crazy Chicken 12/22

Christmas is coming and the Shaw's are getting scared! Time to get serious about shopping for a few presents. We found the many shopping centers along the 76 east of Oceanside. I let Sheila at Target and took off to Lowes on a mission to find tiny nails suitable to attach medallions to my walking stick. Most medallions come with three small nails. It takes two nails to attach each one, so there is one extra to cover the occasional bent or dropped nail. But I have several "squooshed pennies" from those machines at some attractions. I punch holes in each end of those with an awl and I need two tiny nails to attach each of those.

When I found Sheila again we were hungry and decided to try a new fast food. We were pleased to find the chicken/beans/rice bowls at Pollo Loco quite tasty.




Back at Anza Avenue it was pretend time again with Clem and Ruth. They never tire of those games.

Lillian called us in the afternoon via Facetime. Clem and Ruth were thrilled as were we, and we had a very nice visit.

Tonight Brannon fixed dinner for us and Dan and Jim both joined us as well. She served stir-fried veggies and tofu. It was quite good for vegetarian fare to this carnivore.

Today was a day when I took not a single pjoto with my trusty iPhone. I'll steal some sort of illustartion from the internet.


No comments:

Post a Comment