Tuesday, December 07, 2021

2021 Western Oddysey: Minnie's Kitchen & Kid City 12/7

On my morning walk I turned up Dorsey from Bobolink on that neighborhood's trash day and third house up the hill, there on the curb on was... A MINNIE MOUSE kitchen. It looked to be in excellent condition. Clem and Ruth LOVE  Minnie Mouse! I knew they'd love this kitchen. I also knew they have at least two toy kitchens at home and one at their Gamma, so I didn't really think it would be wanted. Still I snapped a photo and "messaged" it to their Mom and Granny. Surprise! They wanted it. Brannon said that they might put it back out at the street after a day or two, but the kids would love it today. So after walking the couple of miles to Anza Avenue, I took Brannon's minivan back over, and miracle of miracles, it was still there. 




Back at Anza I brought Clementine out to the car to "help" me with it. Her words upon seeing it were: "That's so cool!" Her Grandshaw definitely knew at that point that he'd done the right thing.



After they had spent a while cooking for me another game was invented. Grandshaw sitting on the porch enjoying delicious pretend foods spontaneously captured the girls consecutively then simultaneously with his legs. They made a great show of escaping my grasp running to the door with ecstatic goggles then running back to be recaptured. And the whole scene was repeated endlessly.  I videoed some of that but it goes on too long to be posted here... maybe I'll edit it down later.


In the afternoon Brannon, the girls and I left Sheila, who wasn't feeling well, in Vista and drove to Balboa Park in San Diego to visit the Fleet Museum. The section of the museum we headed for was Kid City...


... it was restricted the kids five and under and was full of hands on activities. While I tended sleeping Susannah in the stoller parking area, Clem & Ruth met sevral of their friends and dove into all the activities. Ruth was fascinated with a conveyor belt and spent most of her time putting plastic veggies on the belt and propelling them into a basket at the end of the belt by turning the big crank.



















Brannon was having a great time playing with Jane.


No comments:

Post a Comment