Wednesday, December 01, 2021

2021 Western Oddysey: Rancho Guajome Adobe and the Beach 12/1

Rancho Guajome Adobe

For my morning walk I chose an old standby. I headed up Waxwing through ""Birdland" toward Bobier and the Sports Park and Rancho Guajome Adobe.

At the corner of Bobier and the Sports Park drive I noticed after several years of walks by this spot the sign that designates a border between Oceanside and Vista. You can't drive to Vista's Sports Park without going though a tiny corner of neighboring Oceanside.


The construction along Oceanside Boulevard and Melrose, that had begun when we visited last Spring, is moving along.


I wonder what tree produces these seed pods? 

Drat! A fence has been erected along the "official" paved trail by the sports park toward Guajome. This new barrier keeps me from the more interesting unofficial trail through brush, fennel, and wildflowers.

I have lots of pictures of the Rancho from the last five years, but I don't think I've shared the historical plaque before.

I'd like an arbor or two like this one in my yard. This one has some nice blooms on its vines right now.




Looking back towards the sports park from the hill in front of the Rancho.

Oceanside Beach


Today was our first opportunity this trip to visit the beach at Oceanside. We parked near the pier and played in the sand with the kids.

Susannah & her mom




Dad and kids created a castle...

... of course demolition is the best part of the experience.













... and a grand finish at the nearby In-N-Out before heading home.

















No comments:

Post a Comment