Saturday, January 29, 2022

A Surprise Dusting of Snow

Sheila and I had already gone upstairs and gotten ready for to retire for the evening when I noticed a video post on Facebook from our friend Leigh Callan of SNOW! Was she in Rome? A peek outside answered that question, so I redressed, bundled up, and walked out the front door to take some pictures. At 74 it is still a thrill to see SNOW!





I love the fact that my iPhone 11 has a camera that can take realistic picture in very low light. The lights of town, reflecting off the bottom of the snow clouds has always made an eerie sight that I often wished to capture over the years. But always before it would have taken special equipment and long exposures. Now -- easy peasy.

I love having four seasons; I'd really miss having a time of year when the leafy curtain drops away to give us a panorama of reflected light from the river.

I love living by the Oostanaula levee.  I walk on it most days. And from the levee directly behind my house I have a nice view of Rome's skyline, including our iconic City Clock.


Looking down into our back garden from the levee. I am trying to think of it as a "gahden" rather than a "yard" as I gradually work toward little or no mown lawn. But truth be told, it has been grievously ignored since last summer and is in dire need of sprucing.


Those are my footprints coming down the levee and through the arch.


It is s'posed to read: "Jan 28. 2022" 
The azaleas

The bottle tree protects the house from any mischievous river sprites that might come over the levee with devilish intent. The tradition is that spirits can not resist exploring inverted cobalt blue glass bottles and become ensnared by them.



Our neighbor Michael Ward sent us this picture he took of the house.


No comments:

Post a Comment