Sunday, January 23, 2022

A Walk in the Woods with Sheila

 Today Sheila and I drove up to Scenic Road in Armuchee. We parked at the gate to jeep trail that climbs the north end of Lavendar Mountain towards The House of Dreams about four miles along the ridge. We didn't have the time or frankly the energy for an eight mile round trip, though I want to do that one day. Today we just walked for a little over an hour, one mile and a little uphill and then back the same mile and a little downhill. 

It was sort of an anniversary walk, I guess you'd say. 51 years ago today we took a much shorter walk, but one with greater consequence I guess you'd say. That walk was near Holly Creek on the back side of Fort Mountain. You can read about that on this blog.

I wrote about this anniversary a year ago today, and there you can find several links that will give you more information than you likely want about Sheila and me, and the decision we made that day in 1971.

I enjoy the sepia-toned walks of January when the naked trees can't hide the lay of the land.  Here are some pictures from this nice walk. 























No comments:

Post a Comment