Friday, January 02, 1970

Time Machine: Under a Chuppah - Dec. 17, 1961

On this date my Dad's first cousin Onna Lee Wilkerson was married in Terre Haute, Indiana to James I. Fishman. The ceremony was conducted in the beautiful Temple Israel and under a traditional Jewish chuppah. She was the daughter of Lawrence Edward "Bud" Wilkerson, in turn the only surviving son of my Great Grandfather Charles Reuben Wilkerson. This picture below  is from my Grandmother :Lillian Wilkerson Shaw's photo album.

Left to Right: Mary Lee Almand Wilkerson, Onna Lee Wilkerson Fishman, James  I Fishman,  Mary Lillian Jackson Almand, and Lawrence Edward "Bud" Wilkerson at the Temple Israel, Tere Haute, Indiana, December 17, 1961

From the Terre Haute Tribune, December 6, 1961




Temple Israel circa 2023

 
Interior of Temple Israel, 1916

Interior of Temple Israel, 2016



No comments:

Post a Comment