Sunday, January 01, 2006

Top Ten New Year Memories

Counting down my favorite New Year memories

10. Guy Lombardo, Dick Clark, Ball Drops, the TV thing.

9. Illegal fireworks when I was a kid

8. Waking little girls to see in the new year

7. Watch night services when I was a kid

6. 1970-71 (Central Time) “All night singing” at Blountstown FL.

5. 1974-75 Seeing one-day old baby Larisa

4. (many times) Watching the new year in with my in-laws in Tallahassee

3. (several times) Watching the New Year in with our friends the Craws on their farm

2. New Year outdoor family reunions for (Annie Brannon Snell) Grannie’s Dec. 31 birthdays.

1. 1970-71 Kissing a certain girl and telling her, for the first time, that I loved her. I still do by the way. I have been with her to see in that new year and 34 more so far!

No comments:

Post a Comment