Tuesday, January 31, 2006

SUNDAY, JANUARY 29, 2006
One Down, Eleven to Go!

Sheila and I took a nice sunset walk to the very end of the levee then back to Broad Street to Fifth Ave., back to Ave. A, and home. About 3 miles. That officially puts me over the Monthly Marathon distance for January. Ta-dah!

SATURDAY, JANUARY 28, 2006
Getting close!
Sheila and I (and Daisy for part of it) got in two long walks today to make up for the lack of walking the past week. Rehearsals every night until ten-thirty or eleven! Anyway, the marathon distance is still doable before Wednesday. How're the rest of you doing?


MONDAY, JANUARY 16, 2006
Today I marched in the 19th Annual MLK Day Freedom March up Broad Sreet in Rome, Georgia. (Read my post about the march at Alone on A Limb.) It gives me an opportunity to stand up in my community and publically declare, by my presence, that I support the brotherhood of all. And this year the bonus of moving my Monthly Marathon meter along a little. Getting there, marching up Broad and then walking briskly back to my car got me a total of 3633 steps, 1.5 miles. The march itself was a little slow but I deliberately walked briskly to and from.

SUNDAY, JANUARY 15, 2006
Sunday Report - Terrell

I got out after all sensible folk were in bed tonight and walked to the all night pharmacy about a mile away to pick up a prescription and wandered the city streets and the levee for another couple of miles to get home. The air was so nice and cool and I had my soundtrack to "The Civil War" on the CD player, so it served as rehearsal time too.

I'd love to give a little more time to blogging, but ....

I'll crosspost this on Alone On A Limb.

SATURDAY, JANUARY 14, 2006

Saturday Report - Terrell

I have fallen off, what with all my (fill in assorted lame excuses here). Nice walk in the cold tonight. I'm still on target to get the marathon mileage, though. And I'm over the halfway hump. and there's still half a 31-day month left.

But I have a competitive streak, and Joan is beating me!


Joan: Yes, Terrell; but Joan is retired. I ought to be keeping up with that 100-year-old former Georgian in Oregon! Instead I am barely squeezing in a little over a mile a day

But Daisy, my poor little blind/deaf Cocker Spaniel, and I got in a mile and a half on the levee tonight. Gorgeous weather. Nice walk. Maybe I'll get back to blogoshere participation next month.
Keep walking, folks!

awwww...I used to have a cocker spaniel named Tawny that was her color.... love those dogs and of course, the exercise will keep her in good shape too.

Walking the streets again... this time at 10 p.m.

School starts tomorrow - so my Christmas vacation is over. It'll be much harder to get my walking in.

You're doing great!

Another 3 mile brisk walk along the sidewalks. With plays and school and getting ready to send Brannon to Florida, it's been hard to get in the daily walks. My bad

Joan: I have to keep reminding myself that it doesn't HAVE to be daily! I would prefer to do it that way; but the deal is just to get in the 26.2 during the month. I missed yesterday too. I really like the little graphics you all are including -- my progress reports seem pretty bland.

No comments:

Post a Comment