I know these memes are silly time-wasters, but I can't help myself. If you want to join in, copy this and substitute your own responses on your Facebook page, your blog, or an e-mail. I've answered most of these before, but here goes:
1. What time did you get up this morning? late - 7:27
2. Diamonds or pearls? neither - no great interest in gems.
3. What was the last film you saw at the cinema? Not sure. We went out to Rome Cinemas on Shorter Avenue a couple of weeks ago, but I can't, for the life of me, remember what we saw. Last night we watched a dvd of "Burn After Reading" another crazy, bloody, "comedy" by the Coen brothers.
4. What is your favorite TV show? Monk. The Closer, old movies, news, NOVA
5. What do you usually have for breakfast? oatmeal, bowl of cereal, or an Egg McMuffin.
6. What is your middle name? Terrell (my first name is Charles)
7. What food do you dislike? cocoanut (ugh!!!!), overcooked veggies
8. What is your favorite CD at the moment? folk and musical theater stuff on my iPod, podcasts of NPR shows, don't often use CDs.
9. What kind of car do you drive? Toyota Rav-4 & GMC truck
10. Favorite sandwich? Mesquite turkey on toasted sourdough with all the junk I pile on ---- onion, bell pepper, lettuce, olive, assorted herbs and spices, mustard, a little mayo, no cheese except a sprinking of Parmesan -- I'm no longer allowed cheese :-(
11.What characteristic do you despise? racism, classism, IQism,
12. Favorite item of clothing? fresh air? ;-) I don't give much thought to clothes, as most anyone who knows me knows.
13. If you could go anywhere in the world on vacation, where would you go? England, Ireland, Hawaii, NYC, Macon, the Pocket...
14. Favorite brand of clothing? The brand that fits and is on sale.
15. Where would you like to retire? Rome, Georgia
16.What was your most recent memorable birthday? The next one, I hope.
17. Favorite sport to watch? Baseball, high school football, kids' soccer
18. Furthest place you are sending this? the 124 countries that have visited the Limb...
19. Person you expect to send it back first? No idea.
20. When is your birthday? March 22
21. Are you a morning person or a night person? I'm scizophrenic about that. I tend to stay up late and get up early.
22. What is your shoe size? 9
23. Pets? Daisy and Miss Kitty are resting in peace. No pets, no more.
24. Any new and exciting news you'd like to share with us? The Georgia Botanical Society has chosen Rome for their 2009 Spring Pilgrimage HQ, and they have chosen our school trail as one of their many field trips, and me as a co-leader of that walk. April 3, 4 & 5
25. What did you want to be when you were little? I went through a spell of designing floor plans for buildings and declared architecture my goal. Ha!
26. How are you today? A little clogged up and achy, but OK I guess..
27. What is your favorite candy? Snickers
28. What is your favorite flower? The one that surprizes you on the trail: A clump of cardinal flowers blazing in a stream, a constellation of daisies on a littered roadside, a single Indian pink at the base of a loblolly, a complex wood betony with its ferny leaves, a flock of frilly wild azalea flying through the undergrowth.
29. What is a day on the calendar you are looking forward to? April 4, May 6-8, May 22.
30. What is your favorite pastime? (censored), acting, singing, curtain calls, movies, politics, reading, games with friends, walking in the woods, telling stories...
31. What are you listening to right now? Sheila's still asleep so I only hear the white noise that is the computer and unknown gentle whirring... and the keys tapping.
32. What was the last thing you ate ? Do I have to admit? We ordered take-out ribs from Shanes and ate it with a homemade salad while we watched that Coen brothers movie last night. I'm ready for my oatmeal this morning though.
33. Do you wish on stars? It's been a long time.
34. If you were a crayon, what color would you be? I would never settle for one. Give me the whole 64 crayon box.
35. How is the weather right now? Let it snow! Let it snow! Let it snow!!!!!
36. The first person you spoke to on the phone today? None today. Brannon and Lillian called yesterday. And I talked with Facebook friend and former student Stephen Baker about a scout project.
37. Favorite soft drink? The real 5¢ ice-flected 6 oz. bottle from the Coke box at my granddaddy's barber shop in 1955, and a package of Tom's peanuts, please.
38. Favorite restaurant? El Zarape, Shanes, China City, Shroeders, Cafe 28 in NYC, Country Gentleman, .........
39. Real hair color? brown and gray
40. What was your favorite toy as a child? a homemade coaster. No feeling like racing downhill at ten or twelve, flat on your belly, hands griping the rough guide bar, wind in your eyes, on a vehicle of your own making
41. Summer or winter? Summer
42. Hugs or kisses? yes, repeat.
43. Chocolate or Vanilla? yes, repeat.
44. Coffee or tea? good coffee with cream!
45. Do you want your friends to email you back? Sure.
46. When was the last time you cried? I've gotten misty-eyed several times in the last week. Actually cried? I'm not sure.
47. What is under your bed? a rolled-up carpet, some shoes, but no dust for a change -- we cleaned it yesterday.
48. What did you do last night? See #32
49. What are you afraid of? Disappointing those I love.
50. Salty or sweet? Yes, repeat.
51. How many keys on your key ring? too many, at least ten -- school, house, shed, car, truck...
52. How many years at your current job? 10
53. Favorite day of the week? Saturday
54. How many towns have you lived in? See this link -
55. Do you make friends easily? yes
56. How many people will you send this to? none
57. How many will respond? no idea