Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Four: The Meme

Four
Sister Joan at Daddy's Roses tagged me with this meme. Go over and read hers. Also check out these bloggers who have done this list: Cozy Reader, The Median Sib, Ladybug Crossing, Killired, and Yellow Rose's Garden.

4 + 18 jobs I've had
  1. Shoe polisher and Errand-runner, Grady's Barber Shop, Milstead GA
  2. Bottle collector and Deposit-redeemer, Griffin GA
  3. Lawn mower and weed puller with partner Herbert Leach, Griffin GA
  4. Sacker, Egg-carton-loader, shelf-loader, Red Dot Super Market, Ellijay GA
  5. Sacker, truck-unloader, shelf-loader, cashier at Kroger, Rome GA
  6. Fuller Brush Salesman, Rome GA
  7. Cart-pusher, sweater, Inland Container 2nd Shift, Rome GA
  8. Cookware salesman, Wilmore KY
  9. Library shelver, Asbury College, Wilmore KY
  10. Custodian, Asbury College, Wilmore KY
  11. Cafeteria worker, Asbury College, Wilmore KY
  12. Worst-short-order-cook-in-the-history-of-American-diners, waiter, The Dine-O-Mite, Wilmore KY
  13. Teacher Corps Intern, Putnam County Schools, Bancroft and Liberty WV
  14. Teacher, Assistant Principal, McHenry School, Rome GA
  15. Newspaper publisher, Rome GA
  16. World book Encyclopedia Salesman, Rome GA
  17. Teacher, Pepperell Elementary School, Rome GA
  18. Teacher, Kaleidoscope Gifted Program, Rome GA
  19. Owner/Operator, Shaw LaserPress, Rome GA
  20. Freelance singer, actor, storyteller, Rome GA
  21. Workforce Development Director, Human Development Services, Cave Spring GA
  22. Teacher, Armuchee Elementary School, Rome GA

4 movies I can watch over and over

I love movies! I can watch bad movies a second time just to enjoy criticizing it again. Four just ain't enough. I there challenge authority again and present several categories.

Christmas
  1. It's a Wonderful Life - I've watched it at least once a year for many years.
  2. Miracle on 34th Street - This is not my second favorite flick, but since we also watch it every Christmas it belongs here.
  3. White Christmas - Lil and Bran have watched this video so many times it's a wonder the tape hasn't disintegrated. "Sisters, sisters, there were never such devoted sisters..."
  4. A Christmas Carol
Oldies
  1. Arsenic and Old Lace - It still cracks me up!
  2. The African Queen
  3. The Philadelphia Story
  4. His Girl Friday
Animated
  1. Beauty and the Beast
  2. Mulan
  3. The Lion King
  4. Aladdin
From my adolescence
  1. The Sound of Music
  2. Butch Cassity and the Sundance Kid
  3. Wait Until Dark - I know what's coming and still I jump!
  4. In the Heat of The Night
With Sheila
  1. Star Wars - We sat through it twice at the Desoto the first time we saw it.
  2. Sleepless in Seattle
  3. You've Got Mail
  4. Jaws
Oddball Favs
  1. The Russians Are Coming, The Russians Are Coming
  2. Family Plot
  3. Tales of Manhatten
  4. The Gazebo
Suspense (excluding Wait Until Dark)
  1. The Jagged Edge
  2. Rear Window
  3. North by Northwest
  4. Charade
And I didn't even mention
  1. Casablanca
  2. Shenandoah
  3. Fiddler on the Roof
  4. An American in Paris
Or
  1. When Harry Met Sally
  2. The Conversation
  3. Mr. Holland's Opus
  4. South Pacific
And how could I leave out
  1. The Lord of the Rings (I, II, & III)
  2. Harry Potter (I, II, III & IV, and the three to come)
  3. The Chronicles of Narnia (One down, six to go!)
  4. Anne of Green Gables (I, II, & III)
4 + 9 places I've lived
  1. Milstead GA
  2. Wilmore KY
  3. Duncansville OH (weekends only)
  4. Mackville KY
  5. Junction City KY
  6. Griffin GA
  7. Ellijay GA
  8. Rome GA
  9. Fairburn GA
  10. Huntington WV
  11. Buffalo WV
  12. Eleanor WV
  13. Cave Spring GA (Chubbtown Community)
4 TV shows I love
We went years without access to broadcast or cable TV. During that time we watched many, many videos. There are bunches of shows I love, however, as noted in a previous post. But here are some all time favs:
  1. Andy Griffith
  2. Mary Tyler Moore
  3. All In The Family
  4. Rockford
4 places I've vacationed
One of my regrets is that we have not traveled as much as I would like. But here are my four favorite vacations:
  1. 31 Day Amtrak tour of the US - 1979
  2. Christmas in New York - 2004
  3. Beach vacations with my extended family
  4. Mountain vacations with Sheila's extended family
4 of my favorite dishes
With a very few exceptions, I love food. These are four dishes I love. There are many more!
  1. Booger Hollow Blackberry Cobbler with Ice Cream
  2. Joan's Empress Chili
  3. Mama Shaw's Chili Soup ala Mama ala Sheila
  4. Good bread and cheese with a few nuts from a knapsack by the Pacific after a long walk shared with good friends.
4 blogs I visit daily
  1. - 4. I read my daughters', my sisters' and my mother's blogs every time they post. I check Jane, Andy, Charmaine and Jack almost as often. There are no other blogs I visit every day.
4 places I'd rather be right now
  1. (Censored) ;-)
  2. On stage
  3. Winter Haven FL (with my eldest)
  4. (as long as we're dreaming how about:) Cape San Blas Florida August 8, 1971

No comments:

Post a Comment