Saturday, April 25, 2009

Gleaning Facebook: Half Marathon

Before and after 13.1 miles

We arrived at LP Stadium before good light this morning.
Janice Shaw Crouse
What fun! I am so proud of all of you and can't stand it that I missed being there! You guys did great!!! Where are piks of David's family? Get those up, David!!



Looking fresh as a daisy.
Lillian Shaw
Mom! Lookin' gooooooood. 


relaxed and ready
Tammy Dehart
You looked ready for a marathon! Hope you guys had fun!



After, Ron and my Mother veg out at a tent erected for Lilly's Garden participants.



Lisette, Debi, and Sheila walk toward the 13 mle marker...



They break into a trot as they near...

...the...

...finish...

Carol Shaw JohnstonLOVE this photo!



...LINE!!!!
Carol Shaw Johnston
I actually got tears in my eyes looking at this photo! I'm so PROUD of their perseverance. YEA!!!


Jane Baird Lathem
I wish I had been able to walk with you. I am SO proud of all of you who walked for Lily! What a blessed little girl to have so many people who love her.

A well-earned medal ...



more medalists!

Hurray!
Marshall Jones: Good for you. I will be running the one in San J




Comments:


Naomi Liles Crouse
Congratulations! Will enjoy hearing all about it once you've recovered!


Nancy Waters Carr
great job, what a wonderful thing to do


Joan Shaw Turrentine
Oh, I wanted to be there!!! Congrats to all you finishers!


Terrell Shaw
Thanks, Naomi, Nancy, and Joan!


Amanda Hearn Sims
I wish I could have been there! Wonder why they add the .1 mile as if 13 miles isn't long enough lol. I'm so proud of all of you for completing this challenge and for such a wonderful cause!


Terrell Shaw

Having refreshed my memory via Wikipedia:
The distance between Marathon and Athens that Phidippides ran, a few hundred years before Christ, was approximately 26 miles. Later when the modern Olympics came about the distance was changed several times and finally set at 26.2. The half marathon is therefore 13.1. Ta-dah!


Susan Cherones
YAY YOU!


Terrell Shaw
Thank you Susan! Hope you are enjoying you new home.


Charmaine Yoest
Oh I so wish we could have been there!! Yay for Lily's Garden!

No comments:

Post a Comment