Saturday, April 11, 2009

Gleaning Facebook: Reigning Cats and Dogs

 

The kitten managed to fall into the space between the kitchen and "mudroom" walls. I thought a hole in the wall would be less trouble than a divorce so I found a saw and did the deed. Sheila reached in and retreived the frightened little guy. See the love in her eyes? This is the kitten that would become Waffles -- Lillian's kitty.

The next day we found another little fellow had fallen off the roof. Lily, the neighbor dog, took to her right away. This kitten has been re-Christened "Snowball" by my great niece Sophie.
Carol Shaw Johnston: 
Snowball is full grown now, and is an absolutely gorgeous cat - log, silky fur - much too pretty to be a boy!

When we reunited the wild Mama with her progeny, up the dogwood she went with her prize. And led me to her secret hideaway. Waffles and her mommy.


Eventually we found they were triplets. Lillian plans to take one back to Macon. Carol can still have one if she likes. So at least one free kitten is available folks. Let me know. L-R Snowball, Troy, Waffles
Carol Shaw Johnston: If they're outside cats, I want two - I guess I have to wait till summer, though, don't I?

No comments:

Post a Comment