Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Gleaning Facebook: Marshall Forest

Christie Hufstedler Boyd
Hey, Terrell, do you know why the gate to Marshall Forrest is locked? My friend went to hike with her kids there Sunday and she was wondering. I said I would ask you, because you are the guru of outside in Rome!

Terrell
I don't know. I haven't been past in a while, but the gate was perpetually open for a long time. I need to check it out again. I was on the board back in the Dark Ages, and I'm proud to be the first recipient of the Marshall Forest Stewardship Award for my work on the Big Pine Braille Trail. But that was back in 1981 when I looked more like my profile picture. Lotta water down the Coosa since then. 
The Nature Conservancy website still says the Braille Trail and the Flower Glen Trail are open to the public.

No comments:

Post a Comment