Monday, October 03, 2011

Gleaning Facebook: Monarchs

I gave the school system an extra day of work today, walking out occasionally to check for monarchs. Fairly late in the day they started stopping by. I saw perhaps 15 or twenty and managed to catch 6 -- 4 males and 2 females. I went ahead and sampled each for the Monarch Health study. I'll probably go ahead and tag 'em tomorrow. I hate not to wait till the students come back, but better not chance it.

If any of my students - past or present - were to show up with a parent in the school courtyard tomorrow about noon, I'd let 'em tag & release a monarch - first come basis, or bring yer own monarch. I've more tags than I can use - any FB friends wanna tag at home? I'd love to have a few more caterpillars. I've got plenty of milkweed.


Mary Nisbet AsburyBYOM? Now that's funny!

Bob DosterWere they good?

    Terrell Shaw: Oh,yes... With some fava beans and a nice chianti... Mmmmm






No comments:

Post a Comment