Wednesday, April 04, 2012

Gleaning Facebook: Old Fogey

What a birthday I had recently. Just getting around to uploading my iPhone pics of the day. My students and co-workers outdid themselves in making the day special for me. Thank you! I had a ball. 

I was greeted by signs at the road, at the parking lot drive, at my parking space, at the door to the school, at my classroom door! The lights were off in my hall. All the fourth grade staff were wearing black and most of the kids were in black. The morning show was full of surprises for me including a poem written and read for me by our principal. 
And food! Doughnuts, red velvet cake with out-of-ths-world cream cheese icing, cupcakes, and a second-decorated cake after school! Wow!
(I smudged my students faces a little to to protect their privacy and my hide.)










Comments:

J. Chris Lawler
Dang you're old!!!! Happy belated Bday.


Anita Stewart
Didn't realize that it was 65- hey, I'm a couple of years older than you, so keep spry! You now qualify for Obamacare - Whoopee!


Sharon Winkler-Serena
U sure are getting old!! Ha! Hope u had a wonderful day!


Alice Jeffries Keel
You are still 14 years younger than Ellie Mae Clampett!!! Happy Birthday! I mention that because ...well for some reason that made me feel younger


Martin Penland Teem
Glad you had a happy day. Didn't realize you are my senior. Many more to come I hope.


Nena Dake
Happy Birthday! Thought you were much younger.


No comments:

Post a Comment