Monday, April 15, 2013

Gleaning Facebook: Paying With A Smile

I'm with the Parson, again. 

It helps, of course, that Sheila does the figuring and filing. But I signed the papers today.

I know that my contribution will go toward roads, schools, our military and veterans, my neighbor's healthcare and my own, toward cleaner rivers, maintaining our parks and protecting the wilderness, keeping our food safe, hunting down terrorists and counterfeiters and murderers, maintaining our judicial system and developing vaccines for the latest flu strains. None of those programs will run perfectly and as long as they are administered by human beings we will suffer a degree of incompetency and, sometimes, outright fraud.
Though we always seek a more perfect union, we the people have a pretty good system, by which I am daily enriched. I'm certainly not wealthy, but by virtue of the right parents, reasonably good health and brains, some work ethic, and a fair amount of luck, I earn well above the average of Americans, which puts me in a much higher bracket among my fellow Earthlihgs-at-large.
I would be an absolute jerk, with all my blessings, to complain about the amount of my taxes. I am wonderfully blessed and proud to be an American and am dead serious in proclaiming that I count it a joy and privilege to support my country with my allotment of income tax this time every year.
Happy, April 15th!

No comments:

Post a Comment