Monday, May 27, 2013

Gleaning Facebook: Duane Parsons

Sheila and I were shocked and saddened by the loss of another friend this week. We only learned of Duane's death today, but he died on the same day that we lost Debby Brown and Jeff Barnette.

Sheila introduced me to Duane and Charlotte, who both worked with her at Universal Tax Systems here in Rome before it was sold and changed its name. They have been regular guests at out Fourth of July cookout for several years. Duane had a keen intellect and a large heart. He shared many of my political beliefs and often would add thoughtful and very carefully documented comments to my Facebook posts. I wish I had his patience and calm in response to my dearly loved but politically opposite family and friends.
Duane loved blues music and often attended concerts. Not too long ago he and Charlotte treated Sheila and me to a wonderful evening of blues in Decatur at Eddie's Attic.
We will miss you, Duane!


From Charlotte Parson's Facebook:
Duane Charles Parsons 
12/01/42 - 05/21/13
'Conscious of both life’s sweetness and death’s certainty'
This is the last picture taken of Duane at Red's on 4/14 - one of the last out the door at the end of Juke Joint Festival 2013.
He was a man of great presence. He loved life and was always ready to join the party. His children, music and motorcycles were his passion.
I will miss him everyday.
Charlotte


No comments:

Post a Comment