Saturday, May 03, 2014

Gleaning Facebook: Wateriest 2014

Terrell Shaw giving the Armuchee environmental quiz bowl team a pep talk before the big competition. If you don't have plans, come out to Coosa River Basin Initiative's Waterfest today! Comments Jaki Day How did AES do on E bowl?
Terrell Shaw Jaki our kids got off to a very slow start, losing the first two rounds, then won four in a row to tie with Trion for first place, forcing a shoot-out (all toss up) round. We lost that. So a very good Trion team won the championship. I am very proud of how our kids worked, how they functioned as a team, and how they showed great sportmanship. They represented AES very well.
Jaki Day Second place is still great...and a close one at that.
--------------------------------

From Coos River Basin Initiative 
Darrell Fedchak
Please tell me there's video of you storytelling

Terrell Shaw
Actually, DJ, a few of my stories have been posted on YouTube
The Biggest Hickory Log in Adams County:
Pigtales (2):

Darrell
Thanks, Mr. Shaw!

 --------------------------

Took a pic after we set up the tent this morning. Then I didn't see it again till after the Quiz Bowl! But Gary Greene and Bob Harris tag-teamed with stories from ten till noon. At one, I told my story "Yellow Tail" with which I won the Big Fibber award in April. About twenty folk gathered in and around the tent for that, and it was also broadcast throughout the Waterfest grounds.

Comment
Rose McDonald Darby
Do you have any CD's of your stories?

Terrell Shaw
I'm working on that, Rose. 


I discovered yesterday that a local big box office supply place had their banners on half-price, and on a whim decided to just audaciously create a banner for our guild. I thought it turned out well. I picked it up from the Cartersville store at nine last night.
I wonder if anyone took pics during storytelling. Probably not.


Just before we took down the tent Sheila took my picture with the sign I made for River Tales (after midnight last night, with typical timeliness.


No comments:

Post a Comment