Sunday, January 10, 2016

Gleaning Facebook: Birtherism Backfires!

I'm sorry but this is just too much fun, given the absurdities of the right-wing paranoia about Barack Obama during the last eight years.
Actually I would support an amendment that would clarify "natural born" to include birth in any state or US territory, or to American parents traveling abroad, or to naturalized citizens who have been Americans for a minimum period... say 20 or 25 years.
(Yes, Senator Cruz meets the constitutional qualifications for president, IMO, but he doesn't get close to the Terrell qualifications for my vote.)




Abeed Bawa
This is one of the areas where I can agree with you. The birthers are idiots.


Terrell Shaw
I try to stay away from the "i" word, but those folks are ill-informed at best, and blindered by their hatred at worst. pastedGraphic.png


Jerry B. Smith
To be fair, I don't remember Cruz taking an active role in promoting birtherism. Not Hillary Clinton, either - but she didn't manage to prevent her campaign from launching the birther movement.
So, is Cruz a Secret Curler?


Neal Brackett
McCain was born in Panama... his folks were military. Mitt Romney was born in Mexico... his folks were Morman missionaries. It never mattered where Obama was born because his mom was born in Kansas. But it was the Clintons that started the birther question in the democratic primary.


Terrell Shaw
McCain, to be picky, was born in the Panama Canal Zone rather than Panama proper, and it was George not Mitt that was born in Mexico, I think. But none of that matters to my mind, they are all Americans, and our founders were a little too provincial, and a little too inexact in their language as well. So Ted can run with my blessings, constitutionally, but in no other way. 

pastedGraphic.png


Katie Cauthen Francisco
That was always my thought as well - but there are people who will tell you that a baby born in a foreign country - even if the parents are both US citizens - is not natural born. People want to split some hairs over this one. Not an argument I want to hang my hat on.


Michael J. Burton
What goes around comes around


Jessica Williams
Ted Cruz is one of very few who is actually standing up for our Constitutional rights! He's a great man, and I fully support him.

No comments:

Post a Comment