Tuesday, January 05, 2016

Gleaning Facebook: Backstage at Rehearsal

At Secret Garden reheasal. I have a small part (Ben Weatherstaff). Lillian has a nice part: Martha. She has a showstopper solo in the second act and another solo in the first act. Few outside of theatre realize the time commitment for a show like this gorgeous musical. And for most of us, those with minor roles, it means a lot of waiting. But I am watching a difficult scene/song/dance come together tonight (Come Spirit Come Charm). That's fun to see & hear.

Uh oh... I'm finally on.. bye.

Comments


Victoria Stanz Abernathy My favorite book. Those names bring back the happiest memories!


Leigh Whittenburg Callan Oh, Terrell! I'm so glad to hear about the rehearsals and CAN"T WAIT for the production. I love Ben's character and also Martha's. I know exactly what songs you are talking about. Whitney and I know every word. I'll try to get her to come. I don't think she's seen the show staged. I remember you as Uncle Archibald in times past.

Terrell Shaw I loved that role, Leigh. Granted it might be a bit much to cast me --- a VERY young 68 --- as Archie next to a twenty-something Lily, but it's hard to watch James Swendsen nailing "my part". The guy is good, doggone it. On Opening Night when Archie and Neville sing that wonderful duel of a duet, Lily's Eyes, I may step onto the stage and reveal that (ta-dah!) Ol' Ben also had a crush on Lily and make it a trio! (JK!!!!)

pastedGraphic.png


JJ Walker Seifert Aww. I played Martha in the Secret Garden in college - go Lillian!

pastedGraphic_1.png


Rita Lawler I saw this at the Fox many many years ago. Staging incredible. I played the music for months after.

Sheila Matthews Shaw We saw it at the Fox also. Lillian was 4, I think, Brannon was 9. We all loved it!


Andi Rouse Beyer I saw Secret Garden at the James theatre in March of 1992, Mandy Patinkin played Mary's Uncle. We can't wait to see it at RLT!


Carla Byram April - let's take B


April Jacobs Howell She would love it!


Freddie Ashley Love that show. "Lily's Eyes" is such a beautiful song. I think there's a Lincoln Center revival coming down the pike.















No comments:

Post a Comment