Tuesday, February 04, 2020

Gleaning Facebook: North Rome United Methodist Church

 I remember attending youth meetings --- they were called "Sub-District" meetings --- at North Rome United Methodist Church as a teen in the sixties. My buddies David Jones and Nancy Evans attended that church. North Rome has closed and the building is actually for sale. Today I stopped by the Hospitality House thrift store (in the shopping center at Division and Shorter) and noticed this church plate. I snapped a picture, thinking maybe one of my Facebook friends might have a connection at that church and want to stop by the thrift store and pick this up.




Ray Barton
My first cousin Leland Bagwell was pastor there for several years.


George Dean
My now deceased Grandmother used to go to church there 

pastedGraphic.png


David Matheny
Worked there in the early 80s with the Youth.


RussandSteph McClanahan
Cool! Btw, read interview with Pat Alger and he mentioned writing his first song at camp in 1962. He didn't list his co-writers though!


Terrell Shaw
RussandSteph McClanahan
ours was called’ Who could ask for More?”


Ann Gore
My deceased grandparents were members there.


Paula Dickinson
Looks like that church has nice stained glass windows. I remember subdistrict meetings at Second Ave Methodist. Can’t remember North Rome.


Ellen Henderson Garrard
I remember subdistrict meetings at Trinity. Our Lindale Methodist MYF was pretty small but we enjoyed those meetings.


Terrell Shaw
I actually came over to Trinity for some sort of youth meeting before my Dad was pastor there, but I can't remember what the occasion was. We lived in Ellijay then, which was in the Dalton District NOT the Rome District. ????


Ellen Henderson Garrard
Terrell Shaw
we also went to Cedartown one time. Can't recall the others. Trinity stood out because the refreshments one time were saltines and water. Their MYF had donated the remainder of their funds to a worthy cause. We were impressed!

No comments:

Post a Comment