Saturday, February 22, 2020

Gleaning Facebook: The Persuader

Another Facebook post from Mike Burton that I need to preserve here on my blog. When Sheila and I bought our little log cabin in Chubbtown this six-foot iron bar was in the cabin. When the dug well went dry just a few days after we bought the place Mike and I used shovels and picks, but mainly this "Persuader" to try to dig out more of a pit at the bottom to collect the trickle of an aquifer feeding the well. We were not very successful, and eventually hired Abernathy Well-drillers to drill a new well. And soon Mike found a need for the "Persuader" and borrowed it. That was about 1972. He has always said he'll return it just as soon as he's through using it. I'm sure he will. If I outlast him I expect the boys to bring it to me at the funeral. 

😉

Once Miles has hit a massive underground stone it’s Cody who takes his weight lifting body to pulverize it. He is using one of favorite gifts. A six foot long piece of heavy steel pointed on one end. Uhh gift is not exactly right. Terrell Shaw loaned it to me fifty years ago. I told him I’d return it when I’m done. Now I can barely lift it but guess what there’s miles and Cody to continue the tradition. Depending on the use it’s called. A chunking bar. Wrecking bar or digging bar. Notice Cody had the same physique I did at 17.



Facebook Comments

Andrea Burns That looks like something Steve would have used For whatever fit his fancy

Michael J. Burton Andrea Burns agreed

Calvin Hughes Jr Great job

Ronnie Grindle

pastedGraphic.png

Larry Madden When your kids get "stoned" it's best to have adult supervision...

pastedGraphic_7.pngpastedGraphic_6.pngpastedGraphic_5.png pastedGraphic_4.pngpastedGraphic_3.pngpastedGraphic_2.pngpastedGraphic_1.png


Michael J. Burton Larry Madden but I had to show them how to hit the stone. Laid me up for two days 

pastedGraphic_9.pngpastedGraphic_8.png

Larry Madden Michael J. Burton yeah I empathize with you! I have a 6ft digging bar that I retired several years ago for that very reason. A friend of mine does chain link fence work and I told him he can have it!

John T House Michael J. Burton 

pastedGraphic_10.png

Teresa Lee Michael J. Burton hope you are better now.

Michael J. Burton Larry Madden I need to put it in my will

Michael J. Burton Teresa Lee can’t stop working. What’s wrong with me doc

pastedGraphic_11.png

Teresa Lee Michael J. Burton you have always been a worker.

Michael J. Burton Teresa Lee 

pastedGraphic_9.pngpastedGraphic_13.pngpastedGraphic_12.png

Teresa Lee Michael J. Burton I should have also mentioned your creativity.


Michael J. Burton Teresa Lee
 

pastedGraphic_14.png

Terrell Shaw I think you owe me about 50 gallons of Booger Hollow honey. 

pastedGraphic_15.png

Seems like we once called that tool a persuader.

Michael J. Burton Terrell Shaw honey gone so maybe substitute black berry

Michael J. Burton Terrell Shaw yes it did persuade walls to move and floors to elevate but my nine pound sledge hammer did most of the true persuasion 

pastedGraphic_16.png

Benje Estes Unfortunately I don't have any boys like yours so I have been depending on tractor powered auger and backhoe.

Michael J. Burton Benje Estes what a wuss. Just kidding 

pastedGraphic_17.png

I just borrowed a tractor and will be using auger tomorrow

Benje Estes Michael J. Burton The older I get the more wuss I get.

pastedGraphic_3.png



No comments:

Post a Comment