Sunday, May 17, 2020

Gleaning Facebook: The Boat Parade and The Chamber

(Where did the picture go?)

With my brother David about 1992. Laurie Craw do you recognize my t-shirt? And this was during the time that I was active in the Chamber of Commerce... hence the hat. The CofC and I parted ways for a couple of decades a few years later.

Howard Smith I like that Chamber hat! It brings back some memories. I remember when we passed them out to members.


Michael J. Burton Great memories

Kyle Doegg I have that hat and still wear it!

----------------
(Where did the picture go?)

With my bride.. note the Coosa River Christmas sweatshirt. I miss that event. It was an annual decorated and lighted boat parade during the Christmas season on the Oostanaula River that lasted five years or so. I think a series of weather problems on the parade date did it in.

Howard Smith
I remember the parade!


Lydia Simpson
That parade is one of my favorite childhood memories. Such a shame they stopped doing it!


Leigh Whittenburg Callan
I miss that parade. It was such a special event for the season. I think the unpredictability of river levels made it hard to plan and execute safely at night. I wish it could be tried again.


John Paul Schulz
You sure got the pretty girl


Terrell Shaw
John Paul Schulz
You and I both married up.

pastedGraphic.png


Jim Howell
I was manger of Landing Restaurant during that period. I sponsored and decorated a Christmas Boat. Would love to see it start back up.

No comments:

Post a Comment