Sunday, May 24, 2020

Gleaning Facebook: Mother & Starbucks

From Carol Johnston's Facebook: 
I brought my espresso machine to my mother’s and made vanilla lattes for us this morning. They were very good! I might make caramel macchiatos later.

Lori Grasso
Yummy!! We’ve been prayerfully mindful of your Mom and of your traveling to see her .God’s blessings to you both. 

Carol Shaw Johnston
Lori Grasso thank you for your prayers, Lori. Mother gave us a scare on Friday - but is doing so much better now. Only one night in the hospital. 

pastedGraphic.pngpastedGraphic_1.png


Lucy Gibson
Didn't know about you Mom until I read this! Love and prayers coming from us

Nancy Estes
Sounds great. How sweet.

Lynne Kelly Loveless
Enjoy your visit. Tell your Mother hello from the Kellys

pastedGraphic_2.png


Cathy Smallwood
Yummy!!!!

David WN
Looks really good. I have a French press and a mini-whisk (electric, $1 at my fav "fell off the back of a truck" store *heh*) that I use with heavy cream and either ground cinnamon or vanilla extract when I want a flavored coffee. Froths up nicely. I do it this way cos I'm too cheap to spend $$ on an espresso machine. *heh*

Jill Baird McCart
Glad to hear that Aunt Ruth is feeling better! Expresso looks yummy!

Susan S. Carter
I know y’all are having a great time!




From Janice Crouse's Facebook:

See what I mean about Carol! She is amazing.

Of course, so are Terrell Shaw, Deborah Shaw Lewis and Joan Shaw Turrentine who do the everyday work necessary to enable mother to live in her home — they are the ones who visit EVERY SINGLE DAY to provide interaction, conversation, love and relationship! Plus, they take care of hundreds of big and small issues (take trash to curb, pick up rx, fill pill boxes, take mother to shop, pick up grocery necessities, etc, etc, etc).
Because we lived nearby and she later lived with us, Gil and I did that for his mother but because we live a full-day’s-drive away, we are unable to do that for mother. I am so very grateful to my wonderful siblings who lovingly enable mother’s independence!

Sheila McCloud Ervin

Can she take care of me when I get older and need help???

pastedGraphic.png

pastedGraphic.png


Janice Shaw Crouse
Sorry. I already have dibs! 

She has breakfast on the table for mother. She cooks meals in duplicate so she can leave individual servings in freezer for mother to enjoy home cooking anytime! 

Sheila McCloud Ervin, Mother, who never drank much besides water and iced tea, now asks with a twinkle in her eye when Carol is not there, “Where’s my Starbucks?” We don’t dare tell her how much Starbucks costs! She is so frugal, she wouldn’t be able to enjoy it!!


Sandra Caruso

I totally understand ! My morning coffee is sacred because without it I cannot function !! 

No comments:

Post a Comment