Friday, July 31, 2020

Gleaning Facebook: Enhancing Heritage

One of my basic beliefs is that each generation has a sacred obligation to pass on to future generations an enhanced heritage -- art, infrastructure, environment, greater equality of opportunity, a more perfect union, etc. 

Thanks to my iPhone 11's ability to capture more accurate views in low light, I get to share Ellen Axson Wilson's western view at dusk across the Oostanaula. She seems so transfixed by the magnificent panorama that she has not made a bit of progress on her painting since I last visited her here! 

Thanks to all involved in creating our Town Green, the John Ross bridge, the sculpture of First Lady Wilson, the tradition of One Table (on the bridge), the Riverwalk, and a cleaner Oostanaula. My generation has done a few good things, and these gifts to future generations of Romans are examples.



No comments:

Post a Comment