Saturday, January 14, 2023

GrandGirls Today

 These three pictures appeared on Instagram today




Then they surprised me with a FaceTime call. How I love to get these calls. Clem immediately wanted a story. I asked her if she knew which story she wanted and she said she wanted the raccoon story. It's call Joe and I learned it from Abenaki storyteller Joe Bruchak. So I told an abbreviated version of it. 

Here are a few screen shots from the call. Some are a bit fuzzy but I preserve 'em here anyway. (Ruth's immodest attire made photos of her more difficult than the other two!)

The view during the call from our end often looked like this with Brannon buried under a wriggling mass of little girls. Susannah especially wanted to pile onto things, but Clem and Ruth added to the disorder. Poor Mom!

With brief exception, Susannah was in a joyful mood. 



Clem seemed to really enjoy the story.



During the call Ruth sat for as portrait by Clementine.

The finished portrait of Ruth

While her sisters were otherwise occupied Susannah got some lap time...

...and seemed quite pleased.

I thought only fair that I get a portrait as well... somehow I missed getting a photo of mine.

.. but here is the portrait of Granny.

 Is this Clemmie's self-portrait?





No comments:

Post a Comment