Saturday, January 14, 2023

Story of the Week: Aunt Marguerite's Practical Joke Etiquette

I count Andy a friend. He has headlined our Big Fibbers Storytelling Festival twice. Seven or eight years ago I took part with five or six other tellers in a two day storytelling workshop led by Andy at Sautee-Nacoochee.  It was great fun. I developed a story there that is still a part of my repertoire. At least three of my storytelling buddies from that workshop are still much-admired and good storytelling friends, Denise and Mike Mount and Melanie Knauff.

I think I heard Andy tell this story very early in its existence. I dearly love his Aunt Marguerite. She ranks among my very favorite fictional characters. In Andy's telling she seems quite real to me, and reminds me of folks I have known. 

I think you will enjoy this eight minutes of one of America's best storytellers. Be watching out. I think I will soon be able to invite you to a nearby AOI live storytelling concert. 

Meanwhile, you can enjoy some great storytelling right here in Rome Thursday afternoon, January 26,  at 2 o'clock. The Spires at Berry sponsors a storytelling session for their residents once a month in the big building by the lake and everyone is invited. I usually tell a story and then invite those in the audience who will to tell one of their own. I especially hope some of my friends in the Ridge and Valley Storytelling Guild will come join us. We'll tell stories for about and hour and that'll be it till next month. So come tell a story or just hear a few stories. Y'all come!

No comments:

Post a Comment