Monday, October 09, 2023

PTSW - My Own: Commitment

Lillian and Jordan seem to me to be kindred spirits. They join their lives officially later this week. I believe they know that love is a choice. 

Here's a bit of verse I wrote a long time ago about the choice and promise they are making. Lillian's older sister has labeled the sentiments in this little bit of verse as "Dad's rant". Despite her teasing she too recognizes its truth I believe  Yes there must be attraction, compatibility, passion, and more. But it is not love until there is commitment -- a promise. 

I pray this will be a joyful, exciting, fun-filled, and love-filled time as we celebrate their love and the beginning of their life together.


Listen, Daughters

To Brannon and Lillian


Listen, daughters.

Be careful what you name love:

It is not so cheap as musk or fate;

It is not so easy as a fall.


Hear the wisdom of age;

Hear your father’s voice!

Love is a promise.

Love is a choice.

by Terrell Shaw


No comments:

Post a Comment