Saturday, February 20, 2016

Gleaning Facebook: Blowhard Win

 I am embarrassed for my Republican friends. A narcissistic ignorant blowhard has won his second Republican primary going away. There is a real possibility that the party of gentlemen and scholars like Lincoln and TR and Ike and George Herbert Walker Bush will nominate for President of the United States someone who is utterly unqualified by experience, by temperament, by intellect, and by character.

I forgot to put up my predictions! Oh well. For what it is worth I expected it to be Trump, Cruz, Rubio, with a weak Bush, Kasich, and Carson bringing up the rear. It looks like Cruz and Rubio will be close.
Kasich would be their strongest general election candidate. He doesn't have a shot with the GOP base, however. Rubio is their next best shot. He may manage a nomination. His rhetoric is just as outlandishly right-wing as Cruz, but has a less abrasive personality.
Looking at the breadth of Trump's approximately one-third base, he may win each of the congressional districts in SC giving him all or almost all of the delegates. He actually could begin to run the tables. He wants to be our own little mini-terrorist, who speaks admirably of a policy of lining up 49 folks for execution with bullets soaked in pigs-blood and sending the 50th off with the story to our enemies.

Lots of comments:

David Matheny I bet the RNC will go into its Smoke-filled back rooms at a rare Brokered Convention like use to happen in the old days.

Sam Burnham While I agree with most of your assessment of Trump, I laughed out loud over your comment about him lacking the character to be president knowing that you support Hillary. LOL!

Terrell Shaw Hillary is a high-minded public servant whom I have admired and supported for 25 years. I have told you that before. Laugh all you want. None of the multitude of muddy charges slung at Hillary Clinton has been based on anything real. Other than a sordid sexual affair by Bill Clinton, my candidates have no embarrassing things like the iran-contra, wmd, waterboarding, watergate, etc. real honest-to-goodness scandals of the GOP. If any pf my friends want to throw Benghazi, e-mail, Whitewater, or other ridiculous charges at Hillary: do it elsewhere.

Sam Burnham She had plenty on her plate long before that. But I'll take it elsewhere.

Terrell Shaw Again, this has been argued several times. No one has presented any credible evidence of wrongdoing on Hillary's part. I won't argue it further. So argue the issues not the character of Hillary Clinton on this FB page. pastedGraphic.png

Sam Burnham Well, you've taken the biggest issue with her off the table. If we're not allowed to point out that she's obviously unfit...

Terrell Shaw Good lord, Sam. Get over it. You disagree with her and therefore accept all these accusations despite absolutely no evidence to support them. It is embarrassing that I have friends still trying to blame her for her friend's death in Lybia. Shameful. That's it. G'nite.

John Lee Terrell Shaw forget about all of these Hillary Haters who are in denial that she is THE single most qualified candidate in this race who will most likely win POTUS. They are the same people who always complain about Obama even though he has been a GREAT president. Most hard core right wing conservative Republicans are delusional in thinking that Trump could possibly do a good job as Commander in Chief! I personally believe the Republican Party is a dying breed. Hillary will completely dessimate Trump in the General Election. Her qualifications alone "Trump" any opponent. People who don't like it should go post on Trump sites or Hillary Hate sites and not your wall. I fully support your views Terrell and excited to vote for HRC for POTUS!! #GoHillary #MadamePresident 

pastedGraphic_1.png

Terrell Shaw John, like you I am a progressive who lives in a "red" state. I have spent decades in the minority. I have relatives and friends whom I love and admire who are rabidly conservative, libertarian, tea-party, etc. I welcome their brief comments on the issues. In this case, it has become a useless discussion regarding Sec. Clinton. I do not care to argue further about her character. I know her to be honorable. Several of my valued friends are angrily convinced otherwise. We have covered that territory. They are not open to my arguments and I am tired of hearing their insults of her. So I will simply delete any insults to Sec. Clinton that are put on my wall. I'll still love and admire my friends but I do not wish to get into any more "is" "is not" fights. Serves no purpose except to raise everyone's blood pressure.

John Lee Terrell Shaw I couldn't agree more. I have followed her for years and am a true supporter. I firmly believe Republicans have an agenda to try and take her out and it just isn't working. Emails, Bengazi, Lewinski, etc....she has not been indicted or proven guilty of any intentional criminal acitivity. As far as her Husband (Who was a great POTUS as well)--she can't be held accountable for his actions. They are both human and their marriage is between them and no one else and has ZERO influence on her being a qualified candidate and leader. I pray she wins...because if not we could be in serious trouble.

Terrell Shaw It is interesting to me that some of my conservative friends have not had problems with many divorced candidates, some married to their former adulterous mistresses (Gingrich, McCain, Trump) while condemning the couple (Clintons) who managed to keep their marriage together despite their serious problems.

John Lee Exactly! Amen!!

Sam Burnham I don't support Trump. Nor did I vote for Gingrich. I didn't really support McCain either. I don't begrudge people mistakes. Everyone makes mistakes. My issue with Slick Willie was never his affairs. It's the cover up that gets folks in trouble.

Terrell Shaw I realize you are a special case, Sam. 

pastedGraphic.png

You definitely march to your own drummer. I would not be surprised to learn that you have spent a vote or two on third party candidates in presidential years.

No comments:

Post a Comment