Saturday, May 07, 2016

Gleaning Facebook: My Grandmothers

 I miss my grandmothers on this Mother's Day. This is Lillian Ophelia Wilkerson Shaw, my Daddy's Mama. She was one tough cookie. Shge lost her own mother when she was only nine. She married at 16 and raised five rambuncious sons to be fine men. I loved the week I spent with her every summer as a kid. She worked me hard, but I still had a great time.

I know I have a picture on this computer,of Ieula Ann Dick Baird my mother;s mother. She had eleven children. Two died young, one as a baby and one as a three-year-old. The others all grew up to be my aunts or uncles, except the youngest who is now my mother! Ieula Baird was a big influence on me. She was kind, sincere, deeply religious, very loving. I wish I could find that picture!

Comments

Nora Matthews Is this Lillian Shaw's name sake?

Joan Shaw Turrentine Thank you for sharing this, Terrell! I strongly embrace what you wrote about each of our loving grandmothers!

Brenda Ron Carroll I loved when Dad would load us up and visit her!! Christmas time with her and my Grandma are precious memories

Ray Langley Terrell I have Wilkersons in my tree.

Terrell Shaw How 'bout that, Cuz!


Ray Langley Terrell Shaw
John Wilkerson b abt 1765 married Peggy (Deer Clan) Coo-Tah-Ya

No comments:

Post a Comment