Saturday, May 14, 2016

Gleaning Facebook: Wildflowers of Georgia

 Couldn't believe my eyes when my copy of Linda Chafin's new book landed on the front porch this morning. I ordered it shortly after discovering it existed a few minutes before midnight last Tuesday. It is a gorgeous book.

First it is adorned with one of my favorites, Catesby's Trillium which you can find along our Armuchee Elementary School Nature Trail as well as at Arrowhead Environmental Education Center. The book is written in an informal style comfortable to a rank amateur wildflower enthusiast like myself. The pictures are gorgeous, as you would expect since most of them were taken by Hugh and Carol Nourse. Right there on the first page is a thank you to our close friends Richard T. Ware and Teresa A Ware. A quick look at the credits finds the names of several of my "Facebook friends" or Ga. Botanical acquaintances.
I already own Linda's Field Guide to the Rare Plants of Georgia, and several books that use the Nourses' wonderful photographs including the huge Guide to the Natural Environments of Georgia.
I highly recommend Linda Chafin's new book to any one in Georgia or surrounding states who enjoys walking in the woods and who wants to greet their wildflower friends by name.

Comments


Debbie Waddell Congratulations!

Alice Hooker cool my cousin Teresa and her husband are famous

Terrell Shaw Richard & Teresa are extremely knowledgeable about botany and are wonderful wildflower photographers. They are very highly respected in botanical circles in the Southeast. I wish I had a quarter of their knowledge about plants.

Teresa A Ware Thanks Terrell, we also have some photo's in the book. lol

Terrell Shaw Yes, I saw the credits for a whole bunch of your pics!

Alice Hooker Me too my kids tell me i would kill silk flowers

No comments:

Post a Comment