Saturday, August 06, 2022

Lillian on her Aunt Beth

I'd like to preserve here this post by my daughter about my sister Beth. 

---------------------

Today and in the days to come, my extended family is mourning the passing of my Aunt Beth, my dad’s youngest sister. 

Aunt Beth was charismatic and funny and loving, the mother of two, grandmother of five. She had a loud Shaw laugh that I’ll always remember. When my Dad and his siblings were all together telling stories and joking, it was like a competition for who could laugh loudest and Beth was often winning. We steered clear of each other’s politics online, but it was always true that in person, Aunt Beth was so easy to talk to, laugh with and be yourself with. 

Some fun facts about my Aunt Beth are that she had a parrot for a long time, Billy, that could say hello in her exact voice if the phone rang, and at some point she developed a love of Korean soap operas and told me about them with great enthusiasm which I found hilarious. 

A year ago today at my Grandmother’s funeral was the last time the children of Charles and Ruth Shaw were all together. The world is just different now, forever. Beth’s spirit is joined now with her parents and her husband. Please keep our family in your thoughts, especially Beth’s children, my cousins Amanda and Josh.

- Lillian Shaw, FaceBook, August 6, 2022

No comments:

Post a Comment