Saturday, August 06, 2022

The Perfect Seven

 



My Mother used to say seven is the Biblical number of spiritual perfection and completion. Here is, I suppose, the last photo of the (ahem) "Perfect Seven" of her children. We lost my youngest sister, Beth, yesterday. We certainly feel incomplete now. 

This was taken by our great niece Hannah Yoest outside Trinity United Methodist Church in Rome, Georgia, one year ago today, after Ruth Baird Shaw's funeral service. L-R: Sharlyn Beth Shaw (Roszel), Charles Terrell Shaw, Deborah Ruth Shaw (Lewis), Janice Diane Shaw (Crouse), Lynda Joan Shaw (Turrentine), David Baird Shaw, Mary Carol Shaw (Johnston)

I'm so thankful to all the folks who contributed to my Mother's beautiful memorial service. I am tempted to name names but I'm sure I would leave someone out. I will thank three non-family folks again who were so loving and helpful: our wonderful pastor, Nanci Hicks; our friend Beverly Harris who filled in beautifully as pianist on very short notice, and Chip Rogers who made sure the service was live-streamed and recorded so those who could not attend could participate online.

 I watched the video again yesterday. Here is the link to that service.

No comments:

Post a Comment