Saturday, August 13, 2022

Smoke on the Mountain, Homecoming

After an emotional day celebrating the life and grieving the death of my sister, Beth, we drove to Tucker for opening night of "Smoke On the Mountain, Homecoming" by Main Street Theater. Lillian who say two songs beautifully at Beth's service yesterday morning had a nice role as Denise in the play last night. It was a community production, and like most community theater had some rough edges, but was very enjoyable. The cast and the audience left happy. (There were no rough edges to our daughter's performance, of course. And I am totally unbiassed.)

Jordan met us there and we took a selfie at intermission...

 ...then Lillian joined us for another selfie after the curtain call...

I was, emotionally and physically exhausted, so the late drive back would have been a chore with no traffic. As it turned out there was a LONG traffic jam on I-285, and then construction on I-75 near Kennesaw. By the time we got to Cartersville I was miserable with sleepiness and even that close to home decided a cup of coffee -- even bad service station coffee -- was required to get me the last few miles home safely. We pulled into our driveway around 12:30 this morning. 

Then tonight we got a text from Lil with this picture. David and Cindy Naglee attended the play tonight and stuck around to congratulate Lillian after curtain call. David was our pastor -- the first time I ever had a pastor younger than myself! --- back in the eighties. Later he was District Superintendent of the Rome District of the United Methodist Church. David was a wonderful pastor, and an outstanding preacher, and a creative administrator as our minister. He also is the only pastor I know of who plays the saw.



No comments:

Post a Comment