Tuesday, December 06, 2022

Graduating to Phone Canvassing

This is what my kitchen table looks like after many hours of phone canvassing.

When the rains set in -- goodness it has rained -- I decided to give up on door-knocking and move to telephone canvassing. I soon realized that I was contacting people a lot quicker, AND believe it or not they were, by and large, receptive. Out of over 155 phone calls yesterday and today I only had one hang-up! And I could not count the "Thank you"s and even "Thank you for what you are doing"s. 

My process is to make the call. If a real person answers I introduce myself, ask if they have voted, ask if they support Sen. Warnock.

If they have voted I thank them and ask them to find two more voters.

If they have not I give them the basic information about voting, and all but three have said they would vote for Raphael Warnock. (There were two maybes and one hang-up). 

If no one answers I leave a voicemail if possible. If not I send a text. If that's not possible I try to find them on Facebook and send a Facebook message. There were only a few that I had to just give up on.

If they are open to it, I try to give at least one positive reason that I support the senator --there are MANY! They often bring up the incompetence of his opposition, and I of course agree, but I never bring that up myself.

At this point I think we have done what can be done. It is now time to relax a little and get ready for the nervous wait tonight. I pray that the people of Georgia will re-elect a very effective, articulate, and principled Senator Raphael Warnock. And I hope Steve Kornacki calls it that way early!

If you have not yet voted there is still time. If you are registered and if you are in line by seven you can vote today. Don't leave our republic in the hands of others. Be a citizen. You are part of "We the People."

No comments:

Post a Comment