Monday, December 26, 2022

The Capitol is Special to These Two


A deep love for my country was infused into my mind by my parents stories. I was overwhelmed by the majesty of our national ideals during our family trip to the nation's capital in my childhood. I read dozens of those brown back and blue back children's biographies of our national heroes during my elementary years. I majored in history when I got to college. I glory in our nation's ideals and weep for the times we have fallen short of them. I feel the same sort of reverence for American ideals in the two American patriots. They have vastly different ideas of how best to meet those great purposes of the Preamble, but they love the ideals and their country. 

I would be shocked if the twice-impeached former president could name half, and certainly not all six of the Preamble's goals. And he loves only himself. I truly pity that little man.


(Click the picture to read this article.)


 

No comments:

Post a Comment