Saturday, December 10, 2022

Ornaments

Mail call was so important to my Daddy and his buddies during World War II. On the little Ulithi atoll in the Pacific Daddy was separated from his two young daughters by the huge expanse the world's largest ocean and a whole continent besides. I am getting a tiny taste of that, separated as I am from my three little granddaughters... and at Christmas time. So when I retrieved my mail from the front porch this afternoon, what a thrill to see this envelope. I wonder if the wildlife stamp with a tree frog was chosen especially for me? ...


.... and especially to see the signature on the reverse, "Clem" with a heart drawn in the same hand...


Inside the envelope were TWO Christmas ornaments. The first was just little Susannah from her first Christmas  a year ago... 



The Second has the whole Carlin family...


These will hang on our tree every year from here on out.

No comments:

Post a Comment