Saturday, November 25, 2006

What in the World have you done?

I found this meme on my third sister's (The Median Sib) site. She got it from my fifth sister's (Blue Star Chronicles) site. (I wonder if there are two other sisters who write separate blogs that rank in the top 100 on Truth Laid Bear's blog-ranking system?)

Copy and paste the list below. Highlight the things you have done. And delete my green comments, of course.

01. Bought everyone in the bar a drink
02. Swam with wild dolphins
03. Climbed a mountain (Nothing to rival Rudi Matt or Sir Hillary, but I've done some rock-climbing and some hiking in the Appallachians and in Montana.)
04. Taken a Ferrari for a test drive
05. Been inside the Great Pyramid
06. Held a tarantula
07. Taken a candlelit bath with someone
08. Said “I love you” and meant it. (I've never said it when I didn't mean it.)
09. Hugged a tree (Yep, I'm a self-confessed treehugger.)
10. Bungee jumped
11. Visited Paris
12. Watched a lightning storm at sea (Ok, I was on shore: the storm was at sea.)
13. Stayed up all night long and saw the sun rise. (I have pics of my favorite sunrise - August 9, 1971. Another favorite was August 4, 1983 when Cotton Franklin helped me ready, at dawn, the upstairs I had been preparing for the carpet guys when Sheila called me down to time contractions.)
14. Seen the Northern Lights
15. Gone to a huge sports game (The hugest were soccer games my girls were involved in.)
16. Walked the stairs to the top of the leaning Tower of Pisa
17. Grown and eaten your own vegetables (Not often enough.)
18. Touched an iceberg
19. Slept under the stars (In Kentucky, West Virginia, and Georgia.)
20. Changed a baby’s diaper (And it was never a chore when the baby in question was mine.)
21. Taken a trip in a hot air balloon
22. Watched a meteor shower (With my kids lying on our backs on the levee.)
23. Gotten drunk on champagne
24. Given more than you can afford to charity (On the other hand, could I afford not to?)
25. Looked up at the night sky through a telescope (Fourth Grade Star Night is one of my favorite nights of the school year.)
26. Had an uncontrollable giggling fit at the worst possible moment (When I was 12 or so and the other preacher's kid hit sour notes in her solo. My Dad was very angry with me.)
27. Had a food fight
28. Bet on a winning horse
29. Asked out a stranger (It did not work out well.)
30. Had a snowball fight (I can feel the frostbite in my memory, now!)
31. Screamed as loudly as you possibly can
32. Held a lamb
33. Seen a total eclipse (The circular dapples under the oaks on Cedar Avenue gradually became crescents!)
34. Ridden a roller coaster (Only once did I upchuck afterward.)
35. Hit a home run
36. Danced like a fool and not cared who was looking (On a river cruise in Chattanooga with Sheila.)
37. Adopted an accent for an entire day (You didn't say consecutive 24 hours. When I played Tevye in Fiddler I adopted a Russian accent for probably a full day altogether - rehearsals & performances.)
38. Actually felt happy about your life, even for just a moment (Actually most of the time.)
39. Had two hard drives for your computer (Almost always.)
40. Visited all 50 states
41. Taken care of someone who was drunk (Yuk!)
42. Had amazing friends (You know who you are!)
43. Danced with a stranger in a foreign country
44. Watched wild whales
45. Stolen a sign (The "Flush It" sign from the bathroom at church camp. Pretty rotten, huh?!!)
46. Backpacked in Europe
47. Taken a road-trip (Most of my trips have been on roads?)
48. Gone rock climbing (I can feel the vertigo that shook my legs and terrorized my heart.)
49. Midnight walk on the beach (Especially August 8/9, 1971.)
50. Gone sky diving
51. Visited Ireland
52. Been heartbroken longer than you were actually in love
53. In a restaurant, sat at a stranger’s table and had a meal with them
54. Visited Japan
55. Milked a cow (I've also been squirted with milk directly from the source.)
56. Alphabetized your CDs (We called them LPs.)
57. Pretended to be a superhero (Is there anyone who hasn't?)
58. Sung karaoke (I've done whole karaoke concerts.)
59. Lounged around in bed all day (Or practically, anyway.)
60. Played touch football (It's been a few decades.)
61. Gone scuba diving
62. Kissed in the rain (... and other atmospheric conditions.)
63. Played in the mud (Is there anyone who hasn't?)
64. Played in the rain (I remember running around in the pouring rain under the trees of the Semicircle at Asbury Collge with some close friends. We paused to "make a memory" as we closed out our careers there. )
65. Gone to a drive-in theater (I am ashamed to admit that one time I arrived in the trunk of the car!)
66. Visited the Great Wall of China
67. Started a business (Twice. Ouch! Ouch!)
68. Fallen in love and not had your heart broken (The girl is nuts, thank goodness.)
69. Toured ancient sites (The Snake Mound in Ohio, Fort Mountain and Etowah Mounds and Ocmulgee Mounds and lots of Mississippian fish weirs in Georgia.)
70. Taken a martial arts class
71. Played D&D for more than 6 hours straight
72. Gotten married
73. Been in a movie (Working on a short now.)
74. Crashed a party
75. Gotten divorced
76. Gone without food for 5 days
77. Made cookies from scratch
78. Won first prize in a costume contest
79. Ridden a gondola in Venice
80. Gotten a tattoo
81. Rafted the Snake River
82. Been on television news programs as an “expert” (Interviewed about a play on local cable TV is the best I can do.)
83. Got flowers for no reason
84. Performed on stage My second favorite place to be.
85. Been to Las Vegas
86. Recorded music
87. Eaten shark
88. Kissed on the first date (More than once!)
89. Gone to Thailand
90. Bought a house
91. Been in a combat zone
92. Buried one/both of your parents
93. Been on a cruise ship
94. Spoken more than one language fluently (I know a little Ameslan. I sing songs in Swahili, Italian, Spanish, German, and French: does that count? Pig Latin?)
95. Performed in Rocky Horror
96. Raised children (The two greatest of all time.)
97. Followed your favorite band/singer on tour (On a few hours notice, caught a train with Sheila to see Arlo and Pete in a Smithsonian tribute to Woody.
99. Taken an exotic bicycle tour in a foreign country
100. Picked up and moved to another city to just start over
101. Walked the Golden Gate Bridge
102. Sang loudly in the car, and didn’t stop when you knew someone was looking
103. Had plastic surgery
104. Survived an accident that you shouldn’t have survived
105. Wrote articles for a large publication ("Large" is such a subjective term.)
106. Lost over 100 pounds
107. Held someone while they were having a flashback
108. Piloted an airplane
109. Touched a stingray
110. Broken someone’s heart (Bruised two or three a little, at least.)
111. Helped an animal give birth (If spoken encouragement and petting counts.)
112. Won money on a T.V. game show
113. Broken a bone
114. Gone on an African photo safari
115. Had a facial part pierced other than your ears
116. Fired a rifle, shotgun, or pistol
117. Eaten mushrooms that were gathered in the wild
118. Ridden a horse
119. Had major surgery (Any surgery is "major" in the first person.)

120. Had a snake as a pet
121. Hiked to the bottom of the Grand Canyon
122. Slept for more than 30 hours over the course of 48 hours
123. Visited more foreign countries than U.S. states
124. Visited all 7 continents
125. Taken a canoe trip that lasted more than 2 days
126. Eaten kangaroo meat
127. Eaten sushi
128. Had your picture in the newspaper
129. Changed someone’s mind about something you care deeply about
130. Gone back to school
131. Parasailed
132. Touched a cockroach
133. Eaten fried green tomatoes
134. Read The Iliad - and the Odyssey
135. Selected one “important” author who you missed in school, and read
136. Killed and prepared an animal for eating (Only fish.)
137. Skipped all your school reunions
138. Communicated with someone without sharing a common spoken language
139. Been elected to public office (I ran for the state legislature and lost. But I was elected to the state committee several times in the Democratic primary. I'm gonna count that.)
140. Written your own computer language
141. Thought to yourself that you’re living your dream (On the stage several times... and of course there's August 8, 1971 (and January 1, 1971, and January 23, 1971), and also August 4, 1983 and July 27, 1988, among innumerable others.)
142. Had to put someone you love into hospice care
143. Built your own PC from parts
144. Sold your own artwork to someone who didn’t know you
145. Had a booth at a street fair
146. Dyed your hair
147. Been a DJ
148. Shaved your head
149. Caused a car accident (At least twice!! Ouch, ouch, again!!)
150. Saved someone’s life (I won't count saving my Median Sib from a vicious Black Widow spider when I was 6 -- though I took that very seriously at the time!)

I promise I'll write a serious post again soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment