Thursday, November 30, 2006

Thirteen Favorite Christmas Solos



.. a little late.


Unfamiliar with some of these? I've found a few online files of varying quality:
Some Children See Him
O Little Town of Bethlehem (English melody)
Sweet Little Jesus Boy
O Holy Night
O Come, O Come Emmanuel
I Wonder as I Wander
What Child Is This
Away in a Manger
Do You Hear What I Hear?
The Friendly Beasts
Birthday of a King
Angels We Have Heard on High
and, of course, Silent Night

Saturday Note: Tonight Sheila and attended the Christmas Concert of the Rome Symphony Orchestra. Dr. Brian Nedvin, a wonderful tenor and professor art Shorter College was the guest soloist. So now I can add three of his solos to this list: Selections from "Messiah", "Gesu Bambino", and "Ave Maria". I have sung "Gesu" several times myself -- I'm surprized I didn't think of it when I was making my list.


Links to other Thursday Thirteens!
1. (leave your link in comments, I’ll add you here!)





No comments:

Post a Comment